Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default *avoiding* future stuck light-bulbs? Lubricant-spray, maybe

terry wrote:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Then there is the "Break the glass and try to twist out the remains of
the jagged glass and the base of the bulb with a potato.

I usually catch hell for this suggestion, but if you try it you'll find
it works very well. Instead of a potato, use another bulb. Firmly
press the base of the bulb into the broken off base and carefully
unscrew. It works because of the amount of surface contact between the
two. And no, I've never had a bulb break in my hand. Been doing it
for years and very rarely have to resort to needlenose pliers anymore.
Bob