Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default *avoiding* future stuck light-bulbs? Lubricant-spray, maybe

David Combs wrote:
In these sunken-into-the-ceiling "cans" into which
you screw-in light-bulbs (not much grip-room around
the sides), a (burnt-out) (indoor flood) can be darn near
*impossible* to unscrew, at least without breaking the bulb.

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/s_...?lpqsv_cid=114

I posted the preventative product I've used with success for the last couple of
years in another thread. $4 will buy you enough to probably last you the rest
of your life. Great stuff!

I've used those rubber suction cup things I bought at HD to unscrew stuck bulbs
with mixed success. I've also ended up having to dig out the remnants of bulbs
with a pair of needle nose pliers.

However, I am confident if you apply this lube to the threads of your light
bulbs, you won't have to dig out another bulb. I sure as hell haven't.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com