Roy

Default Potential Relay for phase converter

here are many laces that sells potential relays other than Grainger.
HVAC, and lots of electrical supply houses sells them.

On 6 Feb 2004 10:22:12 -0800, (gradstdnt)
wrote:

===I am working on building a 7.5 hp rotary converter. I plan on using a
===start circuit with start cap that drops out after a potential relay
===senses enough voltage in the generated leg. Grainger has a listing of
===potential relays but I really don't like dealing with them as I am not
===a business and their past stock levels leave much to be desired. I
===preferr McMaster Carr for service and ease of ordering. Strangely
===enough, McMaster has zero listings for "potential relay" but has
===plenty of double throw relays.
===
===It appears to me, a double throw relay, one that can be wired either
===normally off or normall on, should be able to work just fine as long
===as the voltages for the relay cutout are appropriate. Is a potential
===relay simply a "normally on" relay with a certain or adjustable cutoff
===voltage?
===
===I've got most all the hardware to start putting together this
===converter except for the start cap and relay. I know what I need for
===a start cap. Any help on specs for a relay that will do the job is
===greatly appreciated.
===
===Here is a shot of my 3 hp converter I built over three years ago. I
===outgrew it and thus a 7.5 hp unit. Will be up for sale as soon as I
===get my 7.5 hp unit together.
===
===
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...otary_conv.jpg