Posted to alt.home.repair
phaeton phaeton is offline

Default My water heater pilot light keeps going out

Twice tonight, I've had to restart the pilot light on my gas water
heater. It always starts right back up, and heats the water up just
fine. But this is twice now that I've had to do it. I also have a gas
boiler (with a pilot light) and a gas stove (ignitors, no pilot light),
and these two items seem to be functioning normally. The water heater
is an "A.O. Smith Promax" and the only date I can find on it is
"11/03", but I can't tell if that is installation date or a service
date. It *looks* fairly new (i.e., within the last 5 years) but I
don't really know how to tell.

What should I do?

Thanks.

-phaeton