Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Fearn Don Fearn is offline

Default Garage Door Opener: Chain vs. Belt?

I think it was "Steve Barker LT" who
stated:

I suppose you could ask the harley davidson people which is better. A chain
or a belt. If they can stand up to 100+ HP, i'd rekon they can lift a
garage door for many years.

I think you're a little confused here. 100+ HP Harley Davidson??

Heh, heh, heh . . . .

Chains are ALWAYS preferred on high-performance motorcycles. With good
reason; to handle 100+ HP, a belt would need to be WIDE.

-Don (riding a shaft-drive BMW)
--
"Trust me, there is NO way to nonchalantly conceal the fact that you have a
power tool in your head, no matter what you do." -- El Gato