Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spa wiring / hookup question for older Grandee

Bill wrote:
My Hot Spring Grandee (old, but new to me) has a junction box adjacent
to the main black control box. I'm hooking it up for the first time,
and have a "spare" black wire on the spa. I'm not sure what to hook it
up to. It's caped off now, and nothing is powering up-no jets, no
light, no heater.

The spa uses both 230 and 110. The light is on 110.

The way it is wired now is:

Sub panel wires -- Spa side wires are...
Red wire from subpanel to -- Red spa wire
Red wire from subpanel to -- Red spa wire
Blk wire from subpanel to -- Blue spa wire
Blk wire from subpanel to -- Blue spa wire
White wire from subpanel to-- White spa wire
Ground wire from subpanel to -- grounded to the spa junction box.

THE PROBLEM: --There is one black wire remaining on the spa, and
I do not know what it should connect to.

Anyone know where the black wire on the spa should be connected?

If it were me, and knowing that people are going to sit in this spa
full of water, I'd be contacting the manufacturer, not guessing. I
also hope you have the appropriate GFCI installed.