Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
cm cm is offline

Default Delta lathe problem

Bill,

I had the same lathe years ago. If you take off the plastic headstock cover
you will be shocked by how little cast iron there is under there. The cast
iron that holds the bearings may be cracked. I had a that problem and
ordered a new headstock from Delta for around $200.00 and it arrived cracked
also. When I finally got the lathe fixed I sold it asap.

cm

"Bill" wrote in message
I am a fair to average wood worker, but fairly new at turning. I picked up
a used Delta 46-700.

It appears to have a runout problem that gets worse with weight on the
spindle. I bought a new Barracuda Chuck and it really wobbles.

Is this a bearing problem? What is this going to cost to fix?

Thanks in advance.

Bill