Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nospambob@vcoms.net is offline

Default Sun damaged cabinets-- restain?

Visit www.refinishwizard.com forum and look around there for the type
of responses to questions like yours. It would help to include a
photo of the damaged area(s) when aking for advice. Freindly folks.

On 3 Dec 2006 19:39:45 -0800, wrote:

Hello, we have a kitchen island with several cabinets in our 25yr old
kitchen. The stain is in dark cherry. As it were, several cabinets
and part of the island have been faded by the sun. We would like to
restore those damaged parts as replacement is beyond our budget but was
unsure the most efficient way to attack this. I suppose the best way
would be to sand everything down to bare wood and restain (hoping to
get close enough for a match). Are there any other (faster) options?
Any specialized tools worth purchasing (especially for
sanding/stripping?). Someone had mentioned a "scuff and restain"
option but I wasn't familiar with the term.

Thanks