Posted to uk.d-i-y
keith keith is offline

Default conservatory leak - what does this look like?

All,
Thanks for your helpful replies.
It sounds like I've been taken advantage of by the roof repair people, so
I'll know next time.
I'll either try to fix as per suggestions, or get another firm to look at
it, or see if there's a guarantee in my paperwork.

The "soaking through the bricks" theory has been shot down, so that saves me
pursuing that .

I am a bit puzzled though because we had just a flash band when we moved in,
that leaked the same way, which is why we had a professional job done. So
both roofers have made the same mistake and the fix involves using both lead
& flash band & sealant.

How do I get to the roof to seal it? - all I can think of is somehow putting
a small hook on end of a ladder and hooking it over the apex.