Posted to alt.home.repair
maurice maurice is offline

Default framing a 45 degree pantry wall... suggestions... ?

Hi, all.

I'm adding a pantry to an existing kitchen, so I'm framing some
non-structural partition walls, and then drywalling them. Essentially,
I'll end up with a neo-angle pantry, and I'd like the door in the
angled wall.

When I got around to framing it in, I ran into a problem. I'm using
2x4s for the walls, but when I go to install the angled wall, the
angled cuts in my 2x4 plate end up being wider than the other two
walls.

To hang drywall, do I just build up those two walls (the difference is
about 1 1/4") with plywood, or is there a simple solution that I'm
missing?

Funny, I've never encountered this before. I've attached about the
worst drawing ever produced in a newsgroup.

(inside pantry) I
/
/
/
/ (door will go here, but this angled wall
is thicker where it meets the other wall)
/

Thanks.