Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Battery charger shorts out?

redwood wrote:

connectors and a hole in the middle screwed into a thin sheet of metal
(or is that a heatshield).

That wil be a heat*sink* - deisnged to help cool the rectifier. You will
need to fit something similar to the replacement part.

I'm guessing that the 10 refers to 10amp (84 could be the year?). I've
looked at the Maplin code for AR84F and that is 25A. Would it cause any
problems using a higher amp or is it best to keep with a 10A? Cheers.

Bigger (in this application) will be fine.

--
Cheers,

John.