Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Fuse identification

On 30 Nov 2006 00:03:13 -0800 someone who may be "Christian McArdle"
wrote this:-

For that purpose I'd put BS 1361 (Type 2) 'cos that's the usual type of
supplier's fuse and won't raise any eyebrows. I presume it has smooth
round end-caps with no projecting blades or bolt lugs(?). It's quite
old, that fuse, have you thought about treating the cut-out to a new one?

Yes. It has smooth end caps, like a standard HRC fuse.

BS88 fuses are HRC fuses, but they have lugs on the end for fitting
in the holder. What you have is undoubtedly something like
http://www.thefusecompany.com/fuse.p...roducts_id=132

Presumably it
isn't up to me to treat it to a new fuse. That is, surely, the
responsibility of the electricity company?

Yes.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh