Posted to misc.consumers.house
Ben Phlat Ben Phlat is offline

Default how deep to bury conduit?

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:29:02 GMT, KLS wrote:

I'm still trying to get an answer from my own city building code
dept., and I thought that 48" code requirement in Calif. was
interesting (must be for earthquake reasons).

I don't think it's for earthquake but could be wrong.
The requirement for the electrical was at 48" but
I was also allowed to bury my phone cable in the same trench.
The phone cable had to be seperated from the electrical by at least
12" so it sits at 36". This is in a rural area so I would not want to
to bury any less of or my tractor implements would be snagging the
cables.

--Ben