Posted to alt.home.repair
propman propman is offline

Default Compressor reed valves

wrote in
oups.com:

propman wrote:
More on the continuing saga of the inherited compressor........

Finally managed to track down an exploded view of the compressor and
found out that I am missing a couple of reed valves........now I know
I can buy them, but am wondering if I can just make a couple.

From what I understand they usually are comprised of spring steel, so
todays questions a

Typical steel gauge?
Are they a flat unit or do they have curvature to their shape?

Any thoughts on this topic would be much appreciated....thanks. :-)

Just use some feeler gage pieces out of a feeler gage set. The type
that you check points on car or lawn mower of the early days of point
and condenser ign systems.. I have done this before and it works
perfect.

Cool....will have to remember this tip. I finally decided to go ahead
and cut some out of galvanised sheet steel I kicking around
here.....worked like a charm. I think though to be on the safe side I
will still order the manufacturers replacement parts.

Thanks for the tip....much appreciated! :-)