Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default What is this discoloration in toilet?

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:56:10 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar)
wrote:

Vinegar is excellent for removing calcium spots on cars hit by
sprinklers with hard water.

It's also excellent for removing calcium deposits from the
porcelain on sinks (around the faucets and drain). A few
drops of white vinegar every few months does wonders for
my sinks.

Mom always sat her steam iron in a shallow dish of Vinegar to clean
the bottom.

Not sure it will handle heavy deposits in a toilet bowl tho'.
Could try let the vinegar working for a few hours, scrub with
a stiff brush, and repeat. I guess one would get there in the
end but it might take a few days.

I would not use Vinegar for the picture I saw. I was scared to look.

--
Oren