Backlash

Default Electric hack saw questions

I have three of the Porta-bands, two loose around the shop, and one on a
special mount/stand that I never remove the saw from. You can do a lot of
work with those dudes.
See
http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e=3399&p=3456

RJ

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

Bob May wrote: A HF bandsaw will do nicely for a home shop but I'd go

with
something better for a business.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If I had it to do over again, I would buy the same saw I have now, which

is
a Milwaukee portable hand-held band saw. This is more expensive than the
saw you are considering, but it has a couple of advantages that mean a lot
to me: 1.) I can carry it to the work. 2.) I can make cuts that would

be
awkward or impossible with a floor stand saw. 3.) It takes no floor

space.

HF has a cheap version of this saw, which probably is of comparable

quality
to the saw you are considering, and a lot cheaper than a Milwaukee or
Portaband.