Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default water filter housing stuck

wrote in message
oups.com...

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
First step is to turn off the water. Second step is to open a water
valve
to let off the pressure. Now it will come off easily. Put a little
Vaseline or white grease on the gasket to help it come off the next time.

It is very important to relieve the pressure. Just like opening a jar of
pickles, if you break the seal, it turns easily. If not, you can
actually
damage the housing.

Edwin -
Thanks very much. I have relieved the pressure by pushing the red
pressure release button on top. Do I need to do more? It doesn't budge
at all.

Are you using the proper wrench? Without it I could never get them off!
It is like a big box wrench with recesses to fit all the ribs.

Have one person hold the pipes to keep them in place, and then just put your
weight into the wrench. And make sure you are turning it the right
direction.