Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Armstrong gas furnace won't start

guessing: on my non electronic boiler, the exhaust from the combustion
is blown up the flue to the chimney and a silicone tube connects the
suction port of the flue blower motor to a switch. the switch tells the
controller it is ok to light the gas main, with power off, i disconnect
the hose and poke the suction port nipple with a paperclip to clear its
blockage.

ne@ wrote:
Hi,

I have a Armstrong Air Ultra V - Tech 80 furnace with a Honeywell
Smartvalve II SV9520H which doesn't start. Here are the details about
the problem:

1. When the thermostat is on the OFF position, the led indicating the
status is showing the normal function "heartbeat"
2. Turn the heat on the thermostat (80 F) and set the thermostat to
AUTO - nothing happens, the furnace won't kick off.
3. Set the thermostat switch to ON - the blower kicks off but the gas
won't light. After about 20-30 seconds, the status led starts flashing
3 times which means: "Presure switch open. Should be closed".

NOTE: The gas is on and the furnace turned on from the main switch.

Any idea of what might be wrong with the furnace and how can I solve
the problem?

Thanks,
ne@