Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bamboo@localnet.com is offline

Default Ice Buildup on Freezer Floor

Leaking door gaskets / clogged defrost drain line.
You may need to toss your frozen goods in a cooler and do a real good
defrost and blow or vacuum the drain line.
wrote:
I've been browsing the postings for answers to my problem, but can't
find an exact match. So, hopefully, someone can provide some insight
for me. I have a Whirlpool fridge with a top freezer. The unit is just
over one year old. Recently, we have experienced ice buildup on the
floor of the freezer. We use a wooden spatula to break it up, but
within a day or two, it is back. Freezer and refrigerator temps seem
to be normal (0 deg and 37 deg, respectively).

Any input from you experts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Smooth