Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Leaking Hot Water Cylinder

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:28:36 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Jeff Allen wrote:

Thanks for the advice but it's actually leaking around the coupling
that's integral to the cylinder, i.e. the bit that comes pre-fitted to
cylinder rather rather than compression joint.

Yes, I can see that. I didn't mean remake the compression joint (which
you'll have to do anyway). I meant undo the flange fitting, clean up,
apply sealant, redo.

I had a similar problem where on mine the flow and return pipes in to the
cylinder were leaking .I had to undo the connection and got rid of the crud with
a wire brush then do it up again using tape and also some heat resistant
silicone I got from Screwfix .Hasn't failed yet and that was about 2 years ago .