Tom Stovall

Default OT- I thought Bush on imigration was evil?

Cliff Huprich wrote:

Illegal aliens already enjoy many of the benefits of our society,
including free emergency medical care and free education as well as many of the rights of the citizenry.

Do they pay the same taxes?

Nossir. Illegal aliens have to pay sales tax on goods and services they
buy in this country, but they don't pay ANY income tax when they're paid
in cash by their employer - and many are.

Do their employers?

When an employer pays an illegal alien in cash, there's no withholding
of any kind - it's off the books.

If an employer pays by check, and they meet the criteria, illegal aliens
are kept on the books as "independent contractors."

Outsourcing is an extremely common practice: Instead of hiring American
workers, a company will hire a another company employing illegal aliens
to perform certain tasks. When they're caught doing this - as was
Wal-Mart - an outfit can sanctimoniously disclaim any knowledge of the
hiring of illegal aliens.

An employer must do some creative accounting if he keeps an illegal
alien on the books as a regular employee because illegal aliens are
ineligible for social security.

An illegal alien can't get a bank account because he has no social
security card; so if he's paid by check, he has to cash his paycheck
someplace in order to send money home. It ain't by accident that check
cashing and money order ripoffs abound in the barrios.
--
Tom Stovall, CJF
Farrier & Blacksmith

http://www.katyforge.com