Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plan for Cabbage Shredder

Thanks Lew,

I usually try to slice the cabbage to 1/8" ribbons.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote:

I tend to agree with you. However it is for the challenge of

making my own.
BTW I do have an Henckels Chef's knife. I wonder why you are using

a poly
cutting board instead of
wood?

It's cheap, fast and FDA approved.

The problem I have is to slice the cabbage very thin like shavings.

Make sure your knife has just had a meeting with your sharpening steel.

Work with a 1/4 head at a time.

Are 1/4" ribbons OK or do you want 1/8"?

Anyway I have asked my wife to get me some commercially made

sauerkrauts for
this week or until I can make my own slicer.

Tell her to get the stuff in the plastic bags that is kept in the
refrigerated section along with the pickles and cheese.

The stuff in the cans belongs at harbor Freight, not a grocery store,
IMHO.

Assume you have some smoked ham hocks for that kraut along with some
Granny Smith apples?

Lew