Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Finding Underground Wiring

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:52:08 GMT, "Al Schmidt"
wrote:

How do I find underground wires (110V, water sprinkler valves,...)? I'm
moving into a house with many underground wires which I would like to
locate. Some are live a.c. others low voltage or signaling. Is there
something I can buy/rent to do this?

Thanks

I did have to find some sprinkler valves recently. I would dig near a
sprinkler head (those aren't so hard to find if the system works) and
look for wires running along the pipes. In this system, I would find
some number of red wires (one for each valve I hadn't gotten to yet)
and one white wire (common, present if any red wires are too).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams