BigWallop

Default PIR Sensor in a Conservatory

"Jon Weaver" wrote in message
om...
My Conservatory is finally finished (Which I am sure you will be glad
to hear means no more questions)

I am thinking of fitting a PIR sensor off of my house alarm, just to
give me that extra bit of protection.

Is a PIR a good idea in a construction like this.

As the temperature will fluctuate, could this trigger the PIR.

But more imporantly, because its almost entirely glass, can a PIR "see
through" the glass, to anything moving outside?

You would have to fit a dual-tech microwave passive infra-red if it's in a
situation like that. A dual-tech must have a moving heat source to be
activated properly and is designed for such an environment such as
conservatories and areas where wide temperature and lighting variation
occur. There are many different styles and sizes on the market now, so you
can pick one that will suit your surroundings.

Here's an example of just one from Pyronix:

http://tinyurl.com/n49n

A web search for dual-tech PIR will bring up many more.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com