Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Need advice about gravel driveway

wrote:
You just get weeds in rock driveways.... plain and simple. There's
really no way to completely avoid them.

While there may be no way to "completely" avoid them, road building
fabric can be used when building a new drive and it actually does
eliminate weeds for many years. I have looked at a number of drives in
my area that have been built with the fabric and they do not have
weeds. They also say that less aggregate can be used and that it will
stay in place better where fabric is used. My place doesn't have a
driveway just a rutted place where i drive. I have been thinking alot
about my drive though and want to use the fabric when I get around to
it.