Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Price of pointing brickwork

R D S wrote:
I got a price for pointing the rear of our 2 up 2 down terrace.
The kitchen is an extension. The gap in the brickwork is quite narrow.

£1700, seems like a lot to me.

Rick

It's a con, I don't know anyone who charges more than £25 per m2, your
exterior brickwork can't possibly be 85m2, most mid terraced houses are 45m2
in total, meaning about 23m2 per elevation, you can subtract a few metres
off for the extension so the total should be about 20m2, which should come
to about £500, even if he has to hire zip up scaffold (cue the 'not allowed
to' brigade) then it can only be another hundred....don't pay more than £700