Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Christmas lights and fuses

I am putting the big lights (C-9s) on my tree outside (yeah I know but
it IS 74 degrees here today). I put a 4 strands of 25 on the same
extension cord instead of the three I usually do, figuring that if I
have too much and blow a fuse, then I can run another extension cord to
the odd one. I was testing it today and after about an hour I noticed
that they weren't working any more. Upon review, though, the SECOND
strand was the one not working, not the one plugged into the extension
as usual. I had tried all of the lights before putting them up and they
obviously were all on during the early test.
So... since it wasn't the fuse on the first strand that went
bye-bye, is this likely to be a bad fuse on the second strand, a bad
second strand or should I just grit and keep the run down to three
strands?