Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Cut-out dimensions for kitchen sink

John Laird wrote:

Jeff Allen wrote:
For a kitchen sink that requires a worktop cut-out size of
980x480 (cr=20) what does "cr=20" mean here?

Corner radius ? The cutout is not a full rectangle and a 20mm radius
on the corners sounds about right. You would measure out the
enclosing rectangle, though, and cut a smooth quarter turn from 20mm
in, on both sides.

[I'm guessing, btw.]

Great minds think alike - see my other post!

I find that the easist way to mark out corner radii like this is to find a
tin of the correct diameter (in this case, 40mm), place it in each corner in
turn so that it is tangential to the sides of the rectangle, and draw round
the appropriate quarter of it.
--
Cheers,
Roger