Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default lift cable came off garage door, how do I rewind the cables back o the two end pullys?

In article .com, "kell" wrote:
I have no experience with torsion bar on my garage door. My other house
had lift springs which was pretty eaisy to fix. My wife backed out of
the garage and pushed the door in and the cable came off. What a loud
noise that was. the cables wraped around the end pullys, no tension
now.!! My question is how do i reset the tention, lift the door up all
the way to re wrap the cable around the end pullys? What is the best
way to do this, The garage door is 8ft wide 7ft high. any advise would
be great. Thanks Kell

The best toolkit for this job is the Yellow Pages and a MasterCard.

Seriously.

Unless you know *exactly* what you're doing -- and, no offense meant, you
don't, or you would just do it, instead of asking here -- this can be *very*
dangerous.

Call a garage door pro. Please.

--
Regards,