Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter.................................. Peter.................................. is offline

Default help with a Dremel Model 732 Flex shaft

I have a Dremel Model 732 flex shaft rotary carver. The shaft heats up
within 2 minutes to a point where I can no longer hold it. This in turn
heats up the the hand piece. I changed the shaft and cleaned the
casing. This does not help. The motor sounds like it is under load. I
disconnected the shaft and this seem to allow the motor to speed up. I
think the problem is the outer casing.

I contacted Dremel. They don't make the industrial flex shaft tools
anymore. The casing I need is on back order. The very nice lady at
Dremel said 2-3 weeks.

I can't wait that long. This is my busy season.

Anyone know whether a foredom flex shaft will fit on a Dremel # 732.
Any one know where I can get a casing in the Ottawa Ontario Canada area

Thanks in Advance

Peter