Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] shepp67@gmail.com is offline

Default Forced hot water system, want to purge air in second floor baseboards, no expansion tank HELP!

Hello,

I have a problem here in Southeast NH. We have forced hot water heat
system with baseboard heaters. It looks like someone cut corners and
we have NO expansion tank. I have been unable to locate any bleeder
valves on any of the base board heaters upstaris, and am pretty sure I
have an airlock situation in that zone (the hot water is going out the
zone but the upstars baseboards NEVER get even tepid, nevermind warm).
There is also other clues like my other two zones get and stay quite
warm/hot when the zone I think is airlocked comes on...

Is there anyway I can manually purge the air from this zone, or am I
going to have to pay someone to come in to cut into the pipes, add
expansion tank, bleeders on second floor?

It would take a long time to explain the layout of this sytem - and I
am not a plumber - but I can take some digital pictures to help with
any questions that arise about the layout.

I think it's a closed loop system attached to a water heater. There is
a small pump right inline with the three zone valves, and all the zones
come back to a return that goes back into my water heater.

Any one with suggestions would be great.

Also, does cutting into the system involve shtting off the main water
into the house from the well or just the main at the water heater
itself?

Thanks,

Joel