Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default neighbor built over my property line

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
et...
Joseph Meehan wrote:

You need to contact a local attorney. In many areas if a neighbor
has used the property as his own and cared for it, after a given time
(usually X number of years) and the owner has not raised an objection,
the neighbor actually can claim legal title to it. If that is the case,
your fence may now be illegal as most areas require a set back from the
property line.

I suspect that if you do end up bringing a legal action you will learn
what the term "de minimus" means. The court might very likely say that six
inches on the "other side" of your fence isn't significant enough to be
considered damaging to you, compared to what it would take for the
neighbor to remove that strip of concrete.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

I agree with Jeffry. I would not suggest bringing legal action, but I
do believe it would be a good idea to find out what the local legal issues
are. It might prove helpful and there may be a clock running limiting the
time to get things straight and simple with out any legal action.

--
Joseph E. Meehan