Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default neighbor built over my property line

Patches Forever wrote:
I have a fence that encircles my property and (I believe) it is built 6
inches inside of my property line. A few years ago one of my neighbors
poured a concrete walk right up against the fence, i.e. it is 6 inches over
the line. I never said anything because it doesn't cause me a problem,
however he is now going to sell his house and I think he should cut the
walkway back to his edge of the line (at least) before he sells. I haven't
talked to him about it yet but I will be doing so soon. I may need to get a
surveyor to establish the property line. Then, if my neighbor won't cut his
walkway back I may have to take him to court. Does any one here have any
suggestions?

Bill S.

You may be toast depending on the laws in your area. In some places you
have x amount of time to bring an issue to the attention of the
offending party otherwise the land is ceded to them. In other places it
is still yours. IOW, need more info.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.