Posted to alt.home.repair
Manjo Manjo is offline

Default Changing Color of Porcelain Bath Tub

My thanks for all the excellent replies. The tub is not used a lot.
I'm going to try to paint it with an epoxy product with three or more
spray on coats.

Can someone recommend a kit, or perhaps please let me know which kits
to stay away from??

TIA,

Manjo

Manjo wrote:
My wife and I are remodeling our bathroom. We've installed a white
sink and white commode. The existing bathtub is built into the wall.
It's an aqua blue and still in very good shape. We would like to color
the tub white to match the other pieces.

I've found two re-coloring kits: Klenks and Magic American. Both are
epoxy based, and both warn you not to use an abrasive cleaner since it
will eventually remove the new finish.

Had anyone used these and had good results? Is there a better product
for changing a bathtub color?

TIA for any tips, suggestions, comments.

Manjo