Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default Whirlpool dryer - where the heck is the door switch? I've looked and looked....

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, I feel like a bonehead but I can't see where the door switch is on
my dryer. My son slammed the door a few times today and it stopped
working. Thanks son. The model number is LG7801XSN1. I've looked
online and most Whirlpool dryers have an obvious button or switch that
can be removed. But the entire door and the side of the dryer appears
perfectly smooth and I don't see one. I also removed the lower front
panel so I could look at the hinges with a mirror in case it's up
there. But I don't see it. The only other place I can see is the
center clip that holds the door closed. But that would require wires
going into the door itself which I don't see. HELP!

Thank you in advance! I'm going crazy here....

Go to www3.sears.com, and type in your model number. Confirm your dryer,
then select 'View Diagram' for the 'Cabinet" setction. Your switch is parts
9 and 10. From that diagram it doesn't look like it should be hard to find,
but...

-Tim