Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Carpet fitting

In article . com,
wrote:
How easy is it to take up and relay a stair & landing carpet? I want to
put down a carpet now and take it up in a year's time when I want to
paint my bannisters. Alternatively I could leave the carpets off until
we have done all the painting but this means living without a carpet
for quite a while until we get around to doing the painting.

Removing and relaying a carpet which has been properly fitted and down for
some time is pretty easy - much more so than starting from scratch.
However, stairs are probably the most difficult.

The important thing is how you store the carpet so it doesn't get
stretched - roll it up and tie or tape, then store somewhere where it
won't get stood on, etc.

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.