Posted to rec.woodworking
eganders eganders is offline

Default Tape measure in Tenths of an inch

I have been looking for a tape (say 16 or 25 ft) in tenths of an inch.
I can't find that. The reason I am interested is that that would allow
me to use english units and not have to screw around with fractions.
THAT is my major concern. I don't care if the standard is metric or
english, I just don't want to have to deal with fractions. For someone
that is not working with the larger measurements such as meters and
kilometers, that would solve most of the problems. I can get
micrometers, dial indicators and scales in tenths, albeit not in a good
variety.

I found that Lee Valley has a tape in tenths and it is OK, but I would
rather have one from Fastcap. they have nice, high quality, durable
products. Lee Valley has a left to right and a right to left reading
tape, but you have to buy both. Fastcap usually has several features
like this in one tape.