Posted to misc.consumers.house
sylvan butler sylvan butler is offline

Default fluorescent lights wiring

On 16 Oct 2006 21:43:04 -0700, edgekaos wrote:
I"m trying to wire two dual 40w fluorescent light fixture in parallel
in a signal circuit and without success. Each fixture has two 40w tubes
and an electrical ballast. If I wire each one separatly then it'll
work. I gather the reason might be interference between the two
ballasts but I want to hear some expert opinon.

Odd.

What do you mean "without success" ?

So each ballast has a black wire and a white wire, and you hook the two
blacks together with the black supply, and the two whites together with
the white supply and one or both fixtures does not light? Or they
flicker?

Did you make certain to wire the ground securely?

Are both fixtures the same brand and style of ballast? If not, you
might risk reversing the leads from one of them, but really it should
not matter.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com