Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Replacing 1 15 amp Receptacle With 1 20 Receptacle

Your house was mis-wired! There should never be a 14ga wire on a 20A
breaker AND the kitchen outlets are required to be 20A.

--
Steve Barker

"ZZ" wrote in message
Hi There,

I'm confused on if I can replace an 15 amp receptacle with a 20 amp
receptacle. I want to be able to hook up a espresso machine in my kitchen
and the machine requires a 20amp circuit.

The particular circuit I want to change out has a 20 amp breaker coming
from the box using a 14 gauge wire to, 1 15 amp GFI receptacle & 2 15 amp
receptacles in the kitchen.

Will I be able to switch out 1 of the 15 amp receptacles with a 20 amp
receptacle without causing a problem?

Thanks,
Dave