Gunner

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:21:25 GMT, "dalecue"
wrote:

Dan wrote in message ...

--

Let's adopt the following two amendments to the U.S. Constitution:

"The Congress shall have the power to declare war, and this time we
really do mean it."

"No person shall be denied life, liberty, or
property without due process of law, and this time we really do mean
it."

Blatantly copied from someone more clever than I

25 Rules For Being A Good Republican

Liberal wetdream content snipped

To Be A Liberal:
You must believe the only real difference between a totalitarian state
like Cuba, where the government controls every aspect of your lives
and can lock you up for teaching your kids religion, and the United
States, where we can believe and say pretty much anything we want, is
just one of politics, not unlike Republicans versus Democrats.

You must believe while Bill Clinton's multiple affairs and lying under
oath about them didn't disqualify him for his office, Rudy Guiliani's
affair disqualifies him for the Senate. You must further believe that
while Clinton's affairs were solely between him, his wife, and his
God, Rudy's affair is a public issue.

You must believe that while fathers are not really necessary to a
child growing up in the United States, it is vital Elian Gonzalez be
with his father, even if this means sending him to Cuba where his
father will loose him at the age of 12 to government work camps.

You must believe that N.O.W., with a nationwide membership of less
than 100,000 and falling, represents all women; while Concerned Women
for America, a conservative women's group with higher membership, does
not.

You must believe that Jesse Jackson, who has no visible means of
support, is an excellent role model for blacks; while Clarence Thomas,
a Justice of the Supreme Court, is not.

Despite evidence such as the teacher at Columbine who was killed while
talking to the 911 operator on her cell phone, you must believe that
calling 911 is better than having a gun in your hand in similar
situations.

You must believe that news shows on the major networks which feature
one conservative against four or five liberals are balanced and fair,
while such shows on Fox News which feature equal numbers of
conservatives and liberals are biased toward the right.

You must believe that having Maxine Waters in government is a good
thing just because she is a woman and can bring a woman's point of
view to the process, while having Kaye Bailey Hutchinson in
government, who is a woman and can bring a woman's point of view to
the process, is a bad thing.

You must believe, despite the fact it has been verified by former
Soviet officials, that Ronald Reagan's defense spending which forced
the Soviets to try and keep up leading to them bankrupting themselves,
had absolutely nothing to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union,
and that it was all done by Gorbachev who didn't want it to collapse
in the first place.

You must believe that American companies operating overseas, who pay
their workers three to four times the average wage for the countries
average, are evil and exploiting the workers who bless the day the
company came to town.

You must also believe that every economy in the world operates at the
same level as our own, so that to pay these people less than you would
pay workers here, where the cost of living is significantly higher, is
somehow wrong.

You must believe that government mandating benefits for workers will
not affect the cost of the products you buy, and that if the price
goes up it's only because the company executives are greedy, and not
at all the result of costs going up. Further, you must believe that
the main purpose of private industry is not to make a profit, but to
provide jobs and fund social programs for the government.

You must believe that a company executive, getting oral sex in his
office from an employee is sexual harassment, while President Clinton
getting oral sex in his office from an employee is not anyone's
business.

You must believe that two Democrats taping Newt Gingrinch's cell phone
call when they had no reason to is perfectly fine and legal, while
Linda Trip taping Monica Lewinski's calls to protect herself is bad
and she must be punished for it.

You must believe that handing out condoms to kids in school, even
against the express wishes of their parents, is an acceptable exercise
of government power, but that posting the Ten Commandments will
somehow lead children into error.

You must believe just seeing Joe Camel in a magazine or on a billboard
will entice kids into smoking, while seeing graphic displays of
violence in movies will have absolutely no effect.

You must believe success is only a matter of luck, and that hard work
and talent have nothing to do with it.

You must believe that making gun ownership illegal will lead to the
disappearance of all guns, but making abortion illegal will result in
millions of "back-alley" abortions.

You must believe that the Second Amendment is the only one that
doesn't refer to an individual right.

You must believe that the First Amendment allows you to say anything,
unless it can be categorized as "hate-speech".

You must believe that coporations actually pay taxes, instead of
simply building them into their costs. You must also believe that any
tax which applies equally to everyone must be "unfair".

You must believe that the armed forces are evil, yet demand military
intervention for every little foreign dispute where one side manages
to produce an effective enough PR campaign.

You must believe that a woman never lies about rape or sexual
harassment, unless the accused is a pro-abortion Democrat, in which
case, the accuser is a "slut" or "trailer-park trash".

You believe that a liberal saying that he or she will take
responsibility for something is enough to excuse any wrongdoing. A
conservative, however, must be burned at the stake for any perceived
wrongdoing, regardless of whatever steps are taken to rectify the
problem.

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives