Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default System Three Sculpwood vs. Abatron WoodEpox

Yes, Bondo works well.

"MartinR" wrote in message
About 20 years ago, I made some temporary house trim repairs with Minwax
“High Performance Wood Hardener” and “High Performance Wood Filler”. I
thought the repairs would fail because of wood movement being different
than wood filler movement with the change of seasons, etc. I just got
around to replacing the skirt boards and other pieces that had been
patched up – it held up just fine.

All punky wood was removed and several coats of the hardener applied
prior to applying the filler. The hardener is a thinned epoxy that
stabilizes the repair area and helps the bond. I’ve latter learned that
it’s a good idea to drill some small holes in the wood forming “keys”
for the filler to hold. The wood filler is a little tricky. You let it
set up for a while, sculpt it, let it completely harden, than sand it
for finishing.

I’ve heard that Bondo works just as good as the wood filler.