Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired home maker Retired home maker is offline

Default Remove rusted screw from bath tub overflow/drain stop lever plate

We have a very old Moen shower/tub faucet. The tub drain stop is contoled
by a small lever in the center of the overflow plate. The trip lever
broke. We are trying to replace the lever. After much WD-40, one screw is
removed and it showed very bad rust and corrosion. We are having a lot of
problem with the other screw. The head of the screw is already ruined by
the philip screw driver. I searched on the 'homerepairlive' and don't find
an answer to my question. How do I remove this screw? What tools do I
need?
Thanks.