Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default spot weed killer?

tenplay wrote:
I would like to zap weeds growing in the lawn and garden without harming
the grass and plants growing around the weeds. What is the best way to
do it? I saw something called a Weed Stick online, where you supposedly
walk around injecting any kind of concentrated weed killer directly on
the weed. Anyone try it? Would WD40 or gasoline work using a direct
applicator? It sounds like a lot of folks use Roundup, but I find that
it works too slow. It seems to take a couple of days for the leaves to
begin turning brown. Thanks for any suggestions.

When you are faced with only spot weeds, pulling by hand is best.
Roundup is sure-fire, and can be brushed on so you don't damage
surrounding lawn or plants and is easy to kill tough weeds. If there
are too many to do that, then a hose-end sprayer with a broadleaf weed
killer works very well. Weed/feed combos are not necessary and are too
much chemical for routine use. Just pulling a couple of weeds might
remove several thousand seeds, so it isn't wasted effort.