Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default RAS blade wobble

"DCH" wrote in message
Greetings all...

I found an older Craftsman (1960's) radial arm saw a few days ago, for 40$
looked fine, cleaned up real nice, leveled the table, added a new fence,
it
runs fine until you cut with it, once the blade gets into the cut it seems
to wobble, making a kerf much wider than it should, the saw was made for a
9" blade but the guy had a 8" blade on it...I thought that might be an
issue, but thought I would see if anyone else has seen this before and
what
the possible causes and/or cures that are out there....

The first thing you want to do is to see if Emerson will buy it back for
$100. I am not sure where that is, but it will come up on a search.
If not, I wish you well, but don't have any advice to offer.