Posted to rec.woodworking
Todd Todd is offline

Default RAS blade wobble

Just out of curiosity....(and you probably have already checked
this...)

do you have two collars on the blade? (1 to the left and 1 to the
right?) I'm referring to the metal discs that go between the blade and
the nut at the end....I ask because I also found an old RAS, and one of
those collars was missing, which made for quite a wobble. Never cut
with it like that, though...didn't have the guts... :-)

Also, go to www3.sears.com and check out the model number of your RAS,
and take a look at a parts diagram of it. Make sure that you have all
of the important parts.

Good luck,

Todd

DCH wrote:
Greetings all...

I found an older Craftsman (1960's) radial arm saw a few days ago, for 40$
looked fine, cleaned up real nice, leveled the table, added a new fence, it
runs fine until you cut with it, once the blade gets into the cut it seems
to wobble, making a kerf much wider than it should, the saw was made for a
9" blade but the guy had a 8" blade on it...I thought that might be an
issue, but thought I would see if anyone else has seen this before and what
the possible causes and/or cures that are out there....

Thanks for any help...

DCH