Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default How to heat my garage in winter

On 9 Oct 2006 07:31:58 -0700, wrote:

I live in upstate NY and have an insulated 2.5 car garage. I want to
heat it with something other than electric ($$).

I am turned off by Kerosene due to the stink...even with the scents
added.

I am considering propane...I have seen protable interior propane
heatesr my mr. heat and readdy that give about 20 - 30K btu. I've
heard they are a little noisy, but my big concern is I read somewhere
that they cause lots of moisture...condensation, which would be bad for
my tools and such. I only want to use this occasionally when it I have
to fix something or work on my car. Anybody have any experiences?

My other option is to get a free old wood stove from a buddy...but that
takes up space due to being so far from the wall and then I have to buy
the chimney ($$). Thanks in advance.

Horizontal mount furnace bolted to the ceiling, and vented from there
to the outside. Your choice as to fuel, although I'd go with oil.