Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dingbat@codesmiths.com is offline

Default How to tell if a UV lamp is working?

wrote:

How can one safely tell if a UV lamp is working?

You can't (without vast expense) -- output falls with time, so
bactericidal UV lamps are time-rated. I'm not sure about algae though?

As to a simple "Is it still working electrically" then they nearly all
have visible glow too. If you can't defeat the interlocks, then stick a
piece of phosphorescent plastic in there and see if it's charged up by
it. It's nearly Hallowen, I'm sure you can find some glowing vampire
teeth.