Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default CHISEL HOLDER - For Wood Lathe

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 17:07:19 -0400, (J T) wrote:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/p...lder/index.htm

This is geared to a Shopsmith, but easily enough adaptable to other
types. Something similar would work well enough on mine, and it only
resembles the Shopsmith in the fact that it's a lathe.

JOAT
It's not hard, if you get your mind right.
- Granny Weatherwax

Joat... i built a couple of them years ago and the main problem with them is
that they get covered with shavings...
I built one that went on the top rails but it got in the way.. *g*

I've played with a lot of things that didn't work, but something that I use a
lot is pretty much like the shopsmith one, but mounted at about a 45 degree
angle on an old stand for a roller support...
Nice to have near the lathe when you're turning and in a corner somewhere when
you're not...

BTW: will that hold your rasps and planes for turning big stuff? *g*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis