Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn & Bob Marilyn & Bob is offline

Default furnace keeps going on even tho thermostat temp reached

wrote in message
oups.com...
hello to all you heating gurus:

we have just moved into a new house, and the furnace was working fine.
for some reason, this afternoon when i went upstairs to put my son
down
for a nap, the thermostat said it was 74. it was hot. it was set at
62.
i turned it down all the way, and i still heard the furnace kick in.

is there any simple explanation to this before i call the plumber??

any help would be appreciated. the furnace is quite old, about 25
years, but our inspector told us that it was fine.

jae

Most of the answers so far assume that you have a separate hot water heater.
Is that true or does your boiler also supply domestic hot water?
--
Peace,
BobJ