Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default leccy on de fiddle....Teehee!!

Owain wrote:

Andrew Mawson wrote:
but why you would go to such lengths to save 10 - 15 a week is
beyond me.

It's a lot more than that if you're running grow-lamps in the attic. :-)

He'll save far more than that. In prison he'll get free meals and a
bed for the night and may even blag some free vocational training.

Like how to be an electrician, perhaps?

Owain

Think you may have somethinf there, or are the "stage lights" ;-)

wiring stage lights
All 2 messages in topic - view as tree
From: p.mc - view profile
Date: Sat, Sep 30 2006 4:14 am
Email: "p.mc" nothanks.ok
Groups: alt.engineering.electrical
Not yet ratedRating:
show options
original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Hi

I want to light a stage up using (4 or 6) light fittings with either
(300watt or 500watt) Par bulbs in each fitting,

**let's assume it's a (6) fittings with 300watt par bulb scenario**

I plan to feed the lights from a 13amp plugtop from a fixed RCD twin
socket, the feed will be 1.75 flex into a double pole switch, then onto
junction box where I will then take (6) switched feeds to each
individual
light, each with an inline connector with butal on the secondary side
of the
connectors for heat reasons and also easy removal and replacement.

*Questions*

1. Is this ok?
2. Is the 13amp fuse in the plugtop ok?
3. Also the light fittings can take 500watt Par bulbs. Would this be
too
much for the 13 amp plugtop, if so should I do 2 seperate runs with (2)

13amp plugtops and (2) double pole switches?
4. If you could provide a plan using the materials mentoined with a
(6) 500watt lights scenario, and also
(4) 500watt lights scenario.
(6) 300watt lights scenario.
(4) 300watt lights scenario. I'd be very gratefull.

I know there's probably a better way to do this but I want to keep it
simple
and cost effective.

T.I.A

--